Friday, August 15, 2008

DXM / Phensidyl syrup

DXM

DXM, also known as dextromethorphan, is a cough-suppressing ingredient found in a variety of over-the counter cold and cough medications.It is getting popularity in US. When taken according to directions, products containing DXM produce few side effects and have a long history of safety and effectiveness as cough suppressants. When abused in high amounts, DXM becomes a dissociative* drug that can become dangerous.

Shannon,24, Talks About DXM:

“I was looking for something that was easy to find, easy to do and something I enjoyed. And I had heard about DXM from my boyfriend at the time – because he and his friends were all into this stuff, so I was like ‘I’m gonna try it.’

“It became a tool that I used to take me out of the reality that I hated so much.

“When I used DXM, I thought it that it enhanced my writing, it made me think more, it made me become more artistic – I thought it enhanced the talents I already had. I would do my writing and my art while I was tripping, and I go back and look at it now and I’m like, ‘I thought this was good? I can’t even read it.’ It was horrible. I was so deluded into thinking that because it gave me that feeling — and that’s what I was so attracted to about it and that’s what I was ultimately addicted to – that feeling.”

Watch Shannon’s video.

Dextromethorphan

Dextromethorphan, also known as DXM, is a cough-suppressing ingredient found in a variety of over-the counter cold and cough medications. When taken according to directions, products containing dextromethorphan produce few side effects and have a long history of safety and effectiveness as cough suppressants. When abused in high amounts, detromethorphan becomes a dissociative* drug that can become dangerous.

Shawn, 23, Talks About Dextromethorphan:

“DXM was actually introduced to me by a friend that I’ve know for a very long time. He told me to try it one time and it got really bad from there.

The first time I tried DXM I couldn’t even walk. I had problems getting up but I really liked the feeling. I liked that I didn’t feel normal.

I became a really relaxed person – at least I thought I was, but my friends and family all said that I was off the wall and I was actually insane.

I noticed that I was doing everything I wanted to do – screw other people I didn’t care how they felt – I didn’t care about nobody. Nothing and nobody – not my parents, not my family, not my friends – I was living for me and my drug.

My downfall all started when I felt I became invincible and I started doing things I shouldn’t have been doing – breaking into cars, robbing people. Nobody could stop me – a bullet couldn’t stop me. I didn’t care if I got shot – I didn’t care about that stuff.”

Watch Shawon’s video.

*A dissociative is a drug which reduces (or blocks) signals to the conscious mind from other parts of the brain, typically to the physical senses. Such a state of sensory deprivation and dissociation can facilitate hallucinations, and dreamlike states of mind which may resemble some psychedelic mind states

No comments: